Gold filled jewelry
Many people have heard the term “gold-filled jewelry”, but unfortunately not everyone knows exactly what it is or why should they choose gold-filled products. Gold is the symbol of perfection and is used to decorate our homes as well as our bodies. But even gold has its disadvantages and the biggest disadvantage of all is the unreasonably high prices of gold and especially of golden jewelry. Gold-filled products are the best alternative to pure gold products available to us today. It is the best solution for all gold lovers out there. The special technique of creating gold-filled jewelry allows it to preserve the glamorous look but significantly reduces its price, thus making it affordable to everyone!
What is gold-filled jewelry?
Gold-filled metal is a new kind of metal, being a blend of pure gold and other types of metal. The outer layer of gold filled jewelry consists entirely of pure gold. In this aspect gold filled metal is totally different from gold covered metal. Whereas gold covers tend to wear out with time, the outer layers can easily be scratched off and reveal the non-precious base metal, gold filled jewelry is very durable and has a thick layer than can never flake off. The gold covered jewelry are made out of a variety of base metals, those base metals can have harmful effects and cause severe skin allergies. Gold filled metal, however, is perfectly safe and completely allergy free. In fact, the real gold filled has at least 5% pure gold and a marking of GF on its surface. Gold filled metal is very easy to work with, to bend and shape into different sizes and forms. This is the main reason why it has become so popular in the jewelry industry all over the world. At Hoopiz we use the highest quality gold filled metal to create the perfect jewelry.
What are the advantages of gold-filled jewelry?
- Good quality – one of the most noticeable advantages of gold filled jewelry products is their durability. They don’t wear out quickly, don’t tarnish and don’t peel or flake off with time. An average gold filled ring has a long life span and can serve its owner for several decades. Even in case of a scratch, the inner base metal will not be revealed due to the thick layer of the gold that is covering it.
- Mesmerizing appearance – gold-filled jewelry is exceptionally beautiful and one cannot tell the difference between pure gold ring and gold filled ring, merely by looking at it.
- Affordable Price – gold filled jewelry is significantly cheaper than pure gold, which means you don’t have to be rich to be able to afford it.
- Easy to handle – gold filled jewelry is also easy to handle. You can leave your worries behind and keep your jewelry on during your everyday activities, including showers. it will not be damaged and will not damage your skin.
- Safe for all kinds of skin – many women refrain from buying jewelry made of anything but gold because they are afraid of allergies and rashes. The good news is that gold filled metal does not cause any allergies or rashes even to the most sensitive skin. In Hoopiz, interchangeable earrings, we design our products in a way that the part touching the skin will be made strictly out of the best quality materials: gold, gold filled or silver 925.
How to handle gold-filled jewelry?
Gold filled rings, earring, bracelets, necklaces or any other piece of jewelry often require very low maintenance. You can clean them with a wet cloth and apply ordinary soap. It’s better not to use rough surfaced cleaning pads such as Scotch Brite, but simply put in a little cloth bag and use the washing machine to clean them along with the rest of the laundry. You will get your jewelry back clean and shiny as it is meant to be.